Saturday, August 6, 2022

Focused on writing

 


I’m writing a memoir about my mental health journey. My story definitely has a memorable beginning when I was first diagnosed and it has an end in the sense that I believe I have closed a chapter in my life. It was so difficult before this point, but now that I’ve turned the corner to stability, it’s not so bad. It’s almost fulfilling and self actualizing.

I believe I have the strength to handle any trouble I face from now on. Hope springs anew. I have a much better and well adjusted attitude.

I give God the credit. As I read His Word, the holy Bible, its message became clearer to me. I read passages about character that seemed to be written about me. Verses about the mind go through all of Scripture. Discipline and determination go hand in hand when it comes to the Christian faith; it’s not for quitters or ambivalence.

The counseling and medicine did their part to clear my mind. I had to make the choices to respond to godly advice.

The story continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment